The makers of Popcorn Time has finally announced to open for business, and it’s now officially available on the Fire Stick. The Popcorn Time App is a streaming video app that lets you instantly watch videos from various sources, including the Internet, YouTube, and your device’s media library. If you are a Fire Stick user, then you can install this app on your device, and watch videos almost instantaneously without buffering.
Popcorn Time is a popular application that allows you to stream movies and TV shows over the internet. However, in order to do that, you have to download the application from Google Play. However, if you have the Android Firestick, you don’t have to go through Google Play. We have a step by step guide on how to install Popcorn Time on your Firestick in just 2 minutes.
We recently wrote about the Popcorntime APK, a free app that allows you to watch movies in HD for free, on the FireStick. However, there’s actually a Popcorn Time FireStick app as well. This article will show you how to install it and watch movies in HD without paying a single penny.In this tutorial I will show you how to install Popcorn Time on the FireStick. The instructions in this guide also work on Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
Important: Popcorn Time is a torrent-based application. It loads the video into your device’s cache before playing it. You must have enough memory to display the content. When you exit the application, the downloaded cache is automatically cleared.
Popcorn Time is an entertainment service that lets you watch movies and series for free. The app includes a robust selection of content and allows streaming in full HD resolution up to 1080. Although this app is primarily designed for Android mobile phones, it also works in the living room, on TVs like the FireStick and Android TV boxes.
Since Popcorn Time is not fully compatible with the FireStick, I recommend installing the Mouse Toggle for easier interaction and navigation.
Attention FireStick users!
Governments and ISPs are constantly monitoring your online activities, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick can cause serious problems. Your IP is currently visible to everyone. I highly recommend you to buy the best FireStick VPN to hide your IP address and transfer your favorite games safely.
Personally, I use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN on the market. Not only is it easy to install on any device, but it also comes with a risk-free 30-day money back guarantee. And if you are not 100% satisfied, you can always get your money back. ExpressVPN is also currently offering an additional 3 months free for an annual plan!
Here are the reasons why using a VPN is essential at all times.
Read: To install and use the VPN for Fire TV Stick
Installing Popcorn Time on a FireStick
For some reason, the FireStick does not support downloading APK files from browsers. Therefore, you need a helper application to facilitate side loading on your FireStick device.
I mainly use the following two applications:
- ES File Management
In this guide, I will provide installation instructions for both options.
Message: To install Popcorn Time on the FireStick, use one of two applications. It is not necessary to follow the instructions for both
First, you need to install the Side Download application from the Amazon Store. You can install them all. Here are the steps:
- Go to the FireStick’s search option (in the top left corner of the main screen – the lens icon).
- Enter the name of the application you want to download (Downloader or ES File Explorer).
- When the name of the application appears in the search results below, click on it.
- Now just follow the instructions on the screen and install the desired application.
Release of applications from unknown source
We’ll start with the installation instructions in a minute. But before we go any further, we need to enable applications from unknown sources in the FireStick settings. This enables the installation of third-party applications, such as. B. Popcorn time. That’s what you do:
- Go to the FireStick settings on the home screen (select it from the top menu bar).
- Tap My Fire TV or Device (depending on what you see in the options).
- On the next screen, choose Developers options.
- Select and click on Applications from unknown sources (this option is disabled by default).
- Click on Activate and confirm your intention. Don’t worry about the warning message because Popcorn Time is a safe application.
We can now begin the installation process.
Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick withdownloader
Downloader is the most convenient application for downloading APKs to the FireStick. The steps to install Popcorn Time with this application are described below:
- Open the Downloader application
- The Home option in the left sidebar should already be selected by default. Navigate to the right side of the window and press Select/OK on the remote control when the cursor blinks in the URL field.
- When the following keyboard window appears on the screen, enter the URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct (or just firesticktricks.com/pct). Make sure the URL is correct and press GO
- Popcorn Time APK file will take about 2-3 minutes to download.
- Once the file is downloaded, the downloader will run it and start the installation process. Go to the bottom right corner of this window where you will see the Next option (it will change to Install).
- Press the Install button
- Let the FireStick install the Popcorn Time application. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes
- An App Installed message appears, confirming that the Popcorn Time application is installed. You can click the Open button to start the application. However, click Done first to return to the Downloader application.
- Press Uninstall (this will remove the Popcorn Time APK file). This file is useless because the application is already installed. Where possible, free up the limited storage space on the FireStick).
- Press Delete again
You have successfully installed Popcorn Time on your FireStick using the Downloader application.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now ready to play your favorite content. But before I begin, let me warn you that everything you send online is visible to your ISP and to the government. This means that watching movies, TV shows and sports broadcasts for free can get you in trouble with the law.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for the Fire Stick. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass Internet monitoring, ISP restrictions, and geographic content limitations.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of streaming applications and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on the Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how you can use ExpressVPN to hide your streaming activities from prying eyes.
Step one: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Turn on the Fire TV Stick and navigate to Search and then Search.
Step three: Now type expressvpn (without quotes) into the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it appears in the search results.
Step four: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN application on your Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the application and enter the credentials you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription. Click on Connection.
Step six: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also learn more about using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Installing Popcorn Time on the Firestick with ES File Explorer
As I mentioned earlier, you don’t need to follow this method if you already have Popcorn Time installed via the Downloader application. Or, you don’t need to follow the download method if you use ES File Explorer.
Message: The side loading feature in ES File Explorer is no longer free. It’s only available in the premium version for $9.99 a month.
I assume you’ve already installed ES File Explorer from the Amazon Store following the steps I described above. Now follow these steps to install Popcorn Time on your FireStick using ES File Explorer:
- After starting the ES File Explorer, go to the right side of the window and click on the downloader icon (as shown in the image below).
- Now go to the lower menu bar and press +New
- You should now see a dialog box called Download with two empty text boxes. In the Path field, enter the path https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct.
Enter any name in the Name field (this will not affect the result). For example, I entered PT. Click on download now
- Let ES File Explorer connect to your server and download Popcorn Time APK. It takes a few minutes, but not too long.
- After successful download, click on open file
- Click on Install when the following dialog box appears
- On the next screen, go to the bottom right where it says Next (this is Install Next).
- Press the Install button
- Wait a minute or two to install the application
- You will see a notification that the application has been installed.
Yes, you have successfully installed Popcorn Time with ES File Explorer. Click Open if you want to start the Popcorn Time application. Click Finish if you want to return to the ES File Explorer and delete the Popcorn Time APK file.
Files downloaded through ES File Explorer are stored in the download folder on the FireStick. This folder can be accessed from the ES Explorer application as follows:
- Click on the pop-up menu on the left.
- Under Local, there are two house options. Press the second
- You can find the download file on the right side of this page.
Accessing and using the Popcorn Time application on a FireStick
You may have noticed that the application does not appear on the FireStick’s home screen when you install it. You can access new applications among your applications and channels. Follow the steps below to open Popcorn Time and move it to the home screen:
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote control until a new full screen window appears.
- Press Apps to access your applications and channels.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Popcorn Time application icon.
- You can now start the application from here. If you want to move Popcorn Time to the top of the home screen, go to the next step.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control
- Click Move when you see this pop-up window (see image below) at the bottom right (or you can click Move Ahead to place the application as the first item in the first row, before all other applications).
- Now move the Popcorn Time application to one of the first three rows so that it appears on the FireStick’s home screen.
Let’s do some research on Popcorn Time.
Open Popcorn Time and you will see the offer to share the application with others. Press Share if you want to share it, or press the Back button on the remote to return to the main application screen.
This is the home screen of the application. It shows standard movies. In the settings, you can change the default to TV Show, Anime Movies, Anime TV Show.
Popcorn Time is not really suitable for remote use. Install the mouse button on the FireStick for a better experience.
Press the Menu button on the remote control to open the menu. Here are the options.
Popcorn Time is a decent app with a decent library of movies, series and anime. It’s primarily designed for Android phones, so it’s not 100% remote controllable. By tilting the mouse, you can better interact with the application.
Cinema HD APK
Best apps for FireStick
Best torrent sites
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
As Popcorn Time is one of the most popular streaming/torrenting service for movies/tv shows, and it is also one of the most popular Kodi add-ons. Popcorn Time is also supported on Kodi on various platforms, like Amazon Firestick. And now finally, it is supported on the Firestick too! Unfortunately, you can’t install it from the Popcorn Time website, but only from the APK file.. Read more about how to install popcorn on my firestick and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install popcorn time on my Firestick 2023?
If you are using a Firestick 2023, you can install popcorn time by following the steps below. 1. Connect your Firestick 2023 to your computer. 2. Open the file manager on your Firestick 2023. 3. Navigate to the file system on your Firestick 2023. 4. Find the file “applications” and open it. 5. Find the file “popcorn-time” and
How do I get the APK time on my Firestick?
You can see the app time in the bottom left corner of the app.
How do I install APK on Amazon Fire Stick?
Install APK on Amazon Fire Stick The first step to installing APK on Amazon Fire Stick is to download the APK file. You can download the APK file from the Google Play Store. After downloading the APK file, you can install it on your Amazon Fire Stick. How do I install APK on Amazon Fire TV? Install APK on Amazon Fire TV The first step to installing APK on Amazon Fire TV is to download the APK
popcorn time firestick apkapps like popcorn time for firestickpopcorn time not working on firestickpopcorn time firestick play safepopcorn time firestick redditpopcorn time alternative firestick,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Amazon Fire TV Stick (2020),Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (1st Ge…,Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite (2020),Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Gene…,Amazon Fire TV Stick (1st Gener…,Amazon Fire TV (1st Generation),See more,Popcorn Time,Mouse Toggle for Fire TV,Stremio,ExpressV…,NordVPN,popcorn time not working on firestick,popcorn time firestick play safe,popcorn time firestick reddit,popcorn time alternative firestick,how to install popcorn on my firestick,how to watch movies on popcorn time on firestick,movies time apk for firestick,how to put movies on firestick